"The standard of truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble and calumny may defame but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly and independent 'till the purposes of God have been accomplished and the great Jehovah shall say the work is done." -Joseph Smith

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

What an Amazing Woman She Has Become

Hello Family!
I did have an awesome week! I got lots of birthday letters and two packages that were greatly appreciated! The Elders that live in our apartment complex also wrote me happy birthday/Batman notes on our windows. It was awesome!
Thanks for clarifying about Carter being the cutie and not President Cropper. ;).I am adding the part of my letter she is alluding to:
"Carter gave his talk today and did a great job delivering it.  Not that it bothered him but President Cropper was there. He is such a cutie pants, Carter not President Cropper."
So what my plan was for coming home, and I already talked to President about it a little bit (we're planning on ironing out the details at the end of the month so it can all be figured out by the time we Skype in December) but my plan was to just come home a little early, like the beginning of September instead of end. I really want to just because as much as I would love staying home for a semester with the family, I know that not being and working in Rexburg will drive me crazy. I want to use that fall semester as a catch-up semester and take all the classes I've dropped since I've been there (American Foundations, D&C, Public Speaking, and Math 108). As much as I want to, I'm going to try to not completely immerse myself in theatre like I have been. Maybe get my job back as an electrician, possibly assistant stage manage for a show and have that be it. Not take 3 theatre classes, be in a show, an electrician, and an assistant stage manager again. But that's what I was kind of thinking. I've also been thinking (and this is totally just a thought) about trying to test out of the Math 108 class so I don't even have to take it in the first place but can take more fun math like Algebra and Pre-Calc. I've found that when I do math I can think more clearly so I'd like to be able to take some of those classes. Or just get a Math book... Also, BYU-I now has 4 theatre majors. What I'd like to do is keep my Theatre and Speech Education major with my minor in TESOL and either double major in Technical Theatre or minor in Technical Theatre. I've haven't been able to do any research on what either one of those requires, but that's the path I want to go down. Also, President says it's okay to think about after mission things like school, just because it's bad to go through your whole mission not making plans and then when you're done you have no purpose in life. Anywho, that's just what I was thinking for my life.
I'm okay with just getting the $50. Or you can send me a stalking(think she is trying to be funny with stocking not that she can't spell) . I don't really mind either way. Which ever you think will be more fun for you.
A lot of funny things happened this week but really the only thing that is in my mind right now is the fact that the Ortiz family and Hno. Curiel all came to sacrament on Sunday! And Hno. Curiel stayed for all three hours! Highlight of my mission! I seriously feel like I just had four baptisms. And when we went and talked to all of them after, they all realized how much they missed it! Especially Hno. Curiel. He hasn't been in 14 years. That's longer than Carter has been alive. It was such a good week! I just really hope they continue to come.
There's also this kid named Kevin. He came to church on Sunday and asked us to come over and start teaching him. He was baptized when he was 10 but then stop coming to church. He's having a hard life. He's 16 now and is really turning his life around. He wants us to start from square one basically and teach him and get him ready for a mission. We're super excited! I've come to realize that if I don't see a single baptism while I'm out here, at least I've helped remind people of their testimonies. Who needs converts? ;)
I love you all! Thanks for the love and support you show!
Hermana Myers

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing blessing to be raised in a righteous family and use your talents to love and serve others. Humor and spiritual gifts make a wicked combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. President Cropper is a cutie pants too!

    ReplyDelete