"The standard of truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble and calumny may defame but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly and independent 'till the purposes of God have been accomplished and the great Jehovah shall say the work is done." -Joseph Smith

Monday, September 30, 2013

Yahoo for Extra Long Newsy Letters


Well hola familia,
 
I want to apologize again for the short email from last week. Apparently I'm not computer savy. Sorry Dad... I made sure to email you first this week.
 
Thank you! I'll look for it! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE BATMAN TOWEL AND THE PUZZLE AND THE BRACELETS AND THE JUNIOR MINTS AND THE STRESS TALK AND THE PICTURE OF CARTER!!! I love my towel, we already completed the puzzle (managed to lose a piece some how. Sad day.) I can't wear the bracelets but I made one and it's hanging on my bag. The Junior Mints didn't make it very well but they are currently in my freezer, a big frozen blob of minty deliciousness and the picture of Carter is on my desk right next to the picture of me and Hermana Edwards.
 
I LOVED the broadcast, but more on that later.
 
I can't believe Carter is almost 12. And out of Primary. Bleh. I'm old.
 
It's kind of crazy all of the small connections that you can find in the world if the Lord wants you to do something. It's just like the homemade bread story from the broadcast. Speaking of which, can you send me that recipe in the next email? Thanks!
 
In the duatholon they ran and biked. We got yelled at for cheering because we were standing on a street corner at 7:30 in the morning, cheering on the racers, making them laugh and all that good stuff. Apparently the guy in one of the houses was trying to sleep. Oops.
 
I only had the heart monitor for a day. I still haven't heard anything so it must of not been anything serious. I have been having some chest pain but just the normal pain I've been having over my entire life. No big deal. I am trying to eat healthy.
 
I glad you enjoyed mine and Hermana Fogg's adventures. I miss her.
 
And now my week:
 
Monday- I already apologized for my email. That was all I had written down for that day.
 
Tuesday- We picked up two new investigators! Again! It's a young family again with two little girls. Their neighbor,B, who we've been trying to get a hold of since I got here we were able to finally sit down with. We were planning on giving him a harvesting blessing but instead we just answered all his questions. He had lots. And we pretty much just gave him a watered down version of all three lessons. He wants to go to the English ward though so we had to hand him off. But out of all of our investigators we've picked up in the last two weeks (7) 5 have been from that trailor park. We're just going to convert the whole neighborhood, apparently. Also, Hermana O knitted me this beautiful shawl. It's gold. And smells like Mems. I thought that was funny. Unfortunately Sonia and Francisco dropped us. But they weren't ready apparently. Seed planted, only time can tell now.
 
Wednesday- I didn't have anything written down... so apparently nothing interesting happened...
 
Thursday- We went and visited Hna. E who is a less active that just moved here a few weeks ago and wants to come back to church. We were going to share with her a scripture, but after talking to her for a bit we decided she needed a harvesting blessing, so we left her with one. She's going through a really rough time. She might lose her house beause she can't pay for rent.
 
Friday- 6 months!!! And I got sick, so we didn't do much. Oops. Nothing serious, just a really bad headache and tummy ache.
 
Saturday- Saturday we dropped of some food at Hna. E. She doesn't know it was us. She's asked a couple times, we've denied. Silent act of service and all... except now she won't eat the food because it could be posioned. Back fired. So we're trying to find a member who can take the blame. At the broadcast we had a dinner. It was super fun! But apparently we have some jokesters in our branch... I was turned around, talking to one of the members I met on exchanges and when I turn back to my food, it was replaced by someone elses... I look around the table to find that Hna. Cuevas, the branch president's wife has my food. Apparently it was Hna. Urena's idea. I also saw Sister M!! She's serving in Redlands now but because our zone split she isn't in my zone. But we're in the same stake. We sat next to eachother during the broadcast which was good. I really liked all the talk about convenant keeping and prayer. After, Sister M and I were talking and I guess she's going through a really rough time. I tried to help in any way I could but I'm still really worried about her.
 
Sunday- WE FINISHED THE PUZZLE!!! And on church on Sunday, in relief society, Hna. Bates and I had to step out for a bit. I came back, sat down, then all of a sudden I feel a tap on my shoulder and Hna. Urena asking me for a pencil. I reach down under my chair for my bag and it's gone. Hna. Urena is a food/bag thief. It was funny. We also had a mission fireside with President and Sister Van Cott for the whole stake. It was awesome. The biggest thing I remember was that President was talking to the area 70 and I guess he had just gotten off of a video conference with L. Tom Perry and Russell M. Nelson (totally casual, no big deal kind of a thing) and they said that the Lord wants to come, we're just not ready. Oh dear. No pressure missionaries.
 
Well! That's everything!!
 
I hope all is well in Iowa land!
 
Much love,
Hna. Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment