"The standard of truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble and calumny may defame but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly and independent 'till the purposes of God have been accomplished and the great Jehovah shall say the work is done." -Joseph Smith

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

She Is Really Getting Into the Work!

I am not supposed to talk to Hermana Myers about how much time she has left but a year from this month she will be coming home and I just can't believe how fast it has gone already and how much growth I have seen.  I really think she is in the mission groove, oh she still likes to have fun but her fun is with bringing member and non-member closer to Christ, that brings her the most joy.  We are happy she is doing as she should.

Enough of the babbling mama on to the main event, Hermana Myers letter:


First off: I'd like to explain my pictures. We had a car appreciation day this week as in we walked everywhere. The first is how I feel about car appreciation day, the second is how I feel after car appreciation day, and the third was when it rained and I got to use my umbrella for the first time. That was super exciting.

Second: Where did August go? I can't believe it's already September!
Sorry about the whole money thing. I promise to do better. (We realized she was spending an extra $150/ month from her personal account and asked if she could try to keep it at $100 or less. And what a kind answer, this shows some real growth too.)

Just so you know, I was having some interesting sensations with my heart on Sunday. It had been happening for the last few weeks, about once every few days so I didn't think anything of it, but then on Sunday it was a constant thing to the point where it was getting hard for me to breath. So I called Sister Davis(the mission nurse) and Sister Van Cott(mission president's wife). When I talked to Sister Davis on Monday, I was feeling fine but she said that she was going to try to get me into a family health clinic to make sure I'm not dying because my heart is kind of important... but to call her if I have problems again and get to Urgent Care. I have not had problems and am still waiting to see if I have an appointment or not.

I did get the package. Just in time too. 

I talked to one of the members in the English branch that knows you from the missionary moms blog. I don't remember what her name was, but she knows the Borrowmans(Hermana Myers's former roommate's family)!

Something I forgot from past weeks is I ate cueritas (sp?). It's pickled pork skin. Not bad but probably will never eat it again.

On Tuesday we had an awesome lesson with Sonia(she is the investigator with a husband who is faithfully Catholic). We taught the Plan of Salvation with Hermana Cuevas (our branch president's wife) and it was crazy awesome. Like, I don't even know how to describe it. But at the end, I promised her that if she read a little in the Book of Mormon every day that her husband would be ready to go to church with her by the end of September. And Hermana Bates said after that when I said that the Spirit confirmed that it will happen. She just has to do her part. We'll find out how that's going tonight.

Wednesday was our car appreciation day. I think my pictures tell enough about that.
Thursday was rough from walking 5 miles the day before so we were pretty dead. It was a easy day though. We just went over to a member's house and shared a message with them. We also got in with the Curiels who we have been trying for the last few weeks to get in with. We talked to Soledad (who we've been kind of focusing on), her dad who's name escapes me other than Hermano, and Viridiana. Viridiana we had talked to a few times before and she likes us so that was awesome. But they were all there and it was great. Our WML's wife came with us and I guess they all go way back so it went really well. We're hoping to get them back to church.

My last little tid bit is just a retoric question. Why do people answer the door when they're in the shower? It happened to us twice within 24 hours. Goodness. I'd rather just get ignored. ( I remember having a guy answer the door in his underwear when I was a missionary and my companion and I had all we could do not to split a gut laughing. Once again the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.)

TEMPLE TOMORROW!!!! AAAAAHHHH!!!! I'm super excited.

Well. I think that's it.

Love you,
Hermana Myers





1 comment: