"The standard of truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble and calumny may defame but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly and independent 'till the purposes of God have been accomplished and the great Jehovah shall say the work is done." -Joseph Smith

Monday, September 9, 2013

Do What is Right Let the Consequence Follow!


Well. I'm still alive. Thanks for asking :).
I have not yet sent the package. I have yet to go to the post office. Or find the post office...(she had said she would send home some clothes and memory cards and I wanted to make sure that they hadn't been lost)
I haven't been drinking any caffeinated pop. At all. I have ginger ale for when my tummy hurts so unless Canada Dry all of a sudden has caffeine... it shouldn't matter because I don't drink it that much. The doctor thinks it's stress. Who would've guessed. A mission, stressful? Naw. That can't be it.
So. Turns out the no maxi skirt rule doesn't exist as far as I can find it.  I don't remember where I read it. Maybe in my call packet... I don't know. But I should be good on skirts though, so it doesn't really matter. But thank you for thinking of me. Maybe when I get home.
WHICH REMINDS ME! 6 month mission birthday coming up in 3 weeks. No big deal. Feel free to send goodies ;).
So my week was pretty darn awesome!
Monday-We deep cleaned the apartment... and the ants are back. Merg. Any tricks? Hermana Wollor thinks it's because we're not closing our food correctly, but I shouldn't need to be finding cereal in the fridge because Hermana Santiago is scared the ants are going to get it. And I should be able to leave a plate of baked goods out over night covered tightly in aluminum foil and not have to worry about it. It's ridiculous. We just want to try everything before we resort to getting sprayed.
Tuesday- The day started off a little rough. We got dropped by Erica who, we thought, had a lot of potential but such is life. Apparently she's too busy to save her soul, but when she's ready. We also tried to do some contacting. We picked up and dropped an investigator in one day. It was interesting. She was on our potentials list (oh yeah, her name's Alicia) and so we went and we tried to set up an appointment to come back. She just let us in so we got all excited and started teaching the first lesson. She kept getting off subject about God and we really weren't feeling it so we ended a little early and politely asked to come back. As we were walking away Hermana Bates made the comment that they found her back when she was new and had so much hope and thought that anyone that wanted to talk about God had boatloads of potential. Alicia wasn't ready, so we moved on. We went and visited the Ortiz's and they fed us some yummy tacos. It was awesome. We shared a little message with them and were on our way.
Wednesday- TEMPLE!!!! Mind=blown.(For those who have not been to the temple, there is a new film which does not change anything we learn in the temple but it is presented in a way that help me and I am guessing Hermana Myers better understand the principles and message taught there.  We are also promised that we will be "endowed with power from on high" which is not the power of the world but of God and that is how and why Mind=blown. Other words would be fulness of joy.) I love me some temple trips. I wish we could go more. After the temple we went and visited Hermana Urenia. She's a hoot. And Hermana Ortiz's younger sister. I don't know if I told you, but everyone in our branch is related. It's ridiculous. But Hermana Urenia is the only active member of her family. She's great. We went over and visited with her and shared a brief message. She invited us over for make-your-own-pizza on Sunday! We were super duper excited. She wants to start doing lunch with us every Sunday. She also says that she liked missionaries before but there's something special about us. We win :).
Thursday- I went to urgent care. It was fun. I got blood taken, got an EKG, and an x-ray. I was also sitting right there when the lady called about our insurance. That was weird. (Someone called me about our insurance while Hermana Chloe was right there. I wanted to ask her to pass the phone to Hermana Myers so badly too but knew Hermana Myers didn't want to break any rules.) It was for my heart. So far, they didn't find anything but she's going to put me on a 24 hour halter monitor sometime this week. So that's exciting. She thinks it's mostly just stress. Weeeeee.
Friday-Oh my goodness. Friday was super duper crazy. Like, soap opera crazy. I won't go into a whole lot of detail because it's not really my business, but we went and visited Viridiana (sister #1) in the morning. Pretty much, family issues and she cried on our shoulders a little and we offered any help we could. Then we went to Soledad (sister #2) in the afternoon. We walk in and she starts telling us about how they're being kicked out and they have no money at all and cries on our shoulders, we offered any help we could. THEN we went and visited the Ortiz family. Nothing dramatic happened in their family, thank goodness, but it was Hermano Ortiz's birthday (oops) but we brought them an anchor made out of rice crispy treats (which apparently don't exist in hispanic culture) and shared a little lesson and tried to get out before we invaded on family time. But they made us stay for cake and singing. Okay, if we must. Then we played a game with them and they all really came out of their shells. It was awesome! THEN they asked us to come back. That has never happened before. Ever.
Saturday- We went and visited the Ortiz's again. She offered to knit us both these beautiful lap blankets she makes. Again, never has happened. EVER. We're super excited! All our hard work is starting to pay off! And now for the big news: SONIA IS READING IN THE BOOK OF MORMON!!! WITH FRANCISCO!!! AAAAHHHH!!! And they're enjoying it and she's teaching him what she knows and then she comes to us with questions. Ah! It's so exciting!!
Sunday- Soledad came to church!!! with her boyfriend and four of her kids! I have no clue when the last time she went to church was but Hermana Urenia (not Carmen Urenia that says we're special, Maria who's Carmen's mother-in-law even though they're the same age. Yeah. Everyone's related. And the Urenia story is a good one for another day. Oh yeah. The Urenia family [Antonio and Maria] have been in the branch since in began with the Curiel's and the Rodriguez's...) was super surprised when she(Soledad) showed up and told us, and I quote, "Is that Soledad? (extremely confused voice) They're in your area, right? (looks at us with big eyes and smiles, gives us a thumbs up) Good job!" Yeah. We're awesome. Unfortunately, no one else came to church... but that was quite an accomplishment and I am happy. And sadly, Hermana Urenia canceled pizza. But that's okay. Soledad came to church.
Yes. I think that's it. It's be crazy. And exciting. And no wonder I have stress, my life is pretty much like watching a live soap opera. I love me some missionary work!
Hope all is well in Iowa. Remember: a Batman towl makes an awesome 6 month birthday gift. (She just won't let that go)
Hermana Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment