"The standard of truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble and calumny may defame but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly and independent 'till the purposes of God have been accomplished and the great Jehovah shall say the work is done." -Joseph Smith

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Possibly Overwhelmed and in Need of Letter Lovin!

Sounds as if Hermana Myers could use some support.  For me it is hard to know what to tell her in the letters we send her. There is a mission blog that her mission president and his wife keep up.  On Sunday her mission president posted this. So they are working on being more obedient in what they have control over as missionaries and I love the scripture he shared. Doctrine and Covenants 123:17

 "Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed. "

President Van Cott wants his missionaries to work hard in the mornings before they go out into the world and at the evening's planning before they go to bed. I don't know if trying to do all that President wants her to do is where she feels she fell short this week or what, but it would be nice for her to know  how awesome we think she is and that we know she can do all things when she puts her trust in the Lord. Over at the right is her address and email if you would take a minute to flood either her mailbox or inbox, I know she'd appreciate it.

Here is her email this week.  Even though she thinks it is not inspiring I don't only want to share the exceptional weeks.  A mission is a work in progress and sometimes gets tough.  Sounds like she had a tough week.



This is going to be a really short email again. Really sorry but this week was kind of a mess. Not a whole lot of good things to report. You don't need to put this one on the blog. It's not going to inspire anyone.
I haven't been able to yet (get her Hep A shot) because I can't find a place that will take our insurance and I also don't have my immunization record.
We don't find out about transfers until this Saturday.... and even if I don't get transferred my address will change... well the apartment number will. President called us today and told us to start packing because we're moving apartments to a 2 bedroom in the same complex so they can put sisters in one of the English wards. My stress level just shot through the roof.
We have our Noche de Hogar(Family Home Evening, a gathering where the gospel is taught in the home) that we've been planning for the last month tonight. Hope all goes well. Wish us luck.
I wish I could be there with all of you!(maybe sharing even a little of vacation did not help a bad week) I'll try really hard to be interesting next week, I promise.
Love,
Hermana Myers

P.S. I dyed my hair a darker brown for the first time to get rid of my greys. Yay.

Even though Hermana Myers thinks this is not interesting I can still sense she wants to please the Lord with her service and that is what is important because it is His work.  I love her and I am proud that she is willing to stretch herself in His service.

No comments:

Post a Comment