"The standard of truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble and calumny may defame but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly and independent 'till the purposes of God have been accomplished and the great Jehovah shall say the work is done." -Joseph Smith

Thursday, April 4, 2013

She is Where She Wants to Be!!!!!

Here comes the next letter, I almost cried as Carter read it to us:

Dear family,                                       29 March 2013

Thank you Mom for including Elder Barton's note.  It was really nice! Also, I forgot to mention in my first letter that I need a new pair of black tights, please!  And I realized that while we do have half a P-day tomorrow, I won't be able to email because it's only half a day.

Well, Dad, you should be proud.  My Spanish teacher, Hermano Lebron wanted me and Hermana Harthing to take the Spanish level test again and the two of us got recommended to be moved to intermediate.  That was yesterday but Hermano Lebron said that if we hadn't heard about it by now (we haven't) then we're probably not going to be transferred.  I was a little disappointed at first but I've thought about it and I believe that Hermana Stevenson needs me and Hermana Harthing and we need her.  Hermana Stevenson is just like me where she has to hear Spanish over and over to understand so her listening to me and Hermana Harthing talk and having us there to help explain has helped her so much.  Plus, Hermana Harthing and I are learning Spanish better because we're helping teach Hermana Stevenson and the rest of  our district so we're getting a more in depth understanding of how Spanish works.

The Elders in our district are great.  They've grown so much, even in two days and it is amazing.  Our district leader is Elder Serdar and he takes that calling so seriously but he's not condescending about it and is very humble.  He's great!

We got to teach our first investigator this morning and it went so well(for our first lesson, at least)!  We mostly focused on God's love for her  (our investigator's name is Irasema) and prayer and making sure to build a two-way relationship with him.  Tomorrow we'll just follow up on that and then go over the Plan of Salvation.  I was actually presently (I think she meant pleasantly) surprised at how much Spanish I remembered.  I knew it would all come back, but it seriously all hit me when we were teaching Irasema.  I know it's just the Spirit loosening my tongue!

While I am extremely exhausted I do love it here at the MTC.  I love my companions and all of our district.  I love the people in my zone that I've gotten to meet.  I love my teacher. I'm very happy with my choice to come here.

Well I think that's all, I'm going to try to write a lot, but if I don't, understand that I really don't have a whole lot of time.

Love you all!
Seester Myers

PS.  I think in Spanish sometimes and talk with an accent in a not-quoting-Nacho-Libre way.  There's also a sister in my zone Hermana Dean that we anaconda squeeze each other every night.  Preetty epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment