"The standard of truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble and calumny may defame but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly and independent 'till the purposes of God have been accomplished and the great Jehovah shall say the work is done." -Joseph Smith

Monday, April 1, 2013

It Came, It Came

Hermana Myers sent us a written letter on Thursday the day after she arrived at the MTC explaining her first day.  At 10:00 am when Carter went to the mail today he came back with the letter and announced there was one.  It being April 1st I thought he may be kidding but he wasn't.  He also admonished me that we should not open it until Ken got home at 5. Ugh!  But we made it and here it is:

 Hola Parental Units,

Real quick before I forget, my p-days(preparation days when they do laundry, write home and such) are on Friday so I don't get to go to the temple until next Friday but I do have a half p-day on Saturday so I can email then.

So the first day was awesome!  I saw Elder Cropper within 30 seconds of walking away from the car and then later at dinner so that was fun.  I'm in a trio companionship with Hermana Stevenson who's from Utah and Hermana Hartling who's from Colorado.  The other hermanas in our room are Hermana Bates and Edwards.  We all get along really well so we are off to a great start.

The Elders in our district are awesome.  There's one kid from Hawaii.  Pretty awesome.  oh yeah, we're all going to Riverside except for two of the elders and they're going to Oakland so we're all future Californians.  We also out number the elders so woot woot!  There were 751 missionaries entering the MTC yesterday.  I drew a smiley face on my dork dot ( new missionaries get a sticker on their nametag).

It's funny I make jokes around my companions and the other hermanas and no one laughs.  so  not much has changed in that department.  Yesterday as a group of about 50 we taught some "non members" and it was really interesting because I could tell if they were teaching the wrong thing for said investigator but I myself didn't know what to teach.  I'll just have to try next time.  Well that's all for now I think.  We're about to go workout.

Love you!
Jermana Myers :)
(spelled wrong for her dad's sake)

No comments:

Post a Comment