"The standard of truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble and calumny may defame but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly and independent 'till the purposes of God have been accomplished and the great Jehovah shall say the work is done." -Joseph Smith

Friday, April 12, 2013

She is Growing in So Many Ways


Dear family and friends,
 
I survived another week of MTC food. It's good, don't get me wrong, but it's very rich. Every meal is like Sunday dinner. I totally understand how people gain so much weight here. It's crazy. Anywho. Yes, I did get Polly's letters, I just can't write until P-Days. CONGRATS ON THE TEACHING JOB POLLY!!!!! I can send pictures from the MTC, I just have to send them one at a time in separate emails. Feel free (please) to send me a card reader so I can stop using other people's. Basically what I'm saying is you probably won't see any pictures until you get me a card reader because I don't have enough time in my email time to borrow someone else's. So I guess it's up to you if you want to send me one. And a Batman towel. If you want...
 
Oh yes, I did purposefully sign my letter as Herman Myers. That's what the sisters in our district call each other. Herman. It's a good time. Until we get in trouble because we're supposed to call each other Hermanas or Sisters... but it's okay.
 
So how 'bout that conference? We all laughed in our district because pretty much all of the talks were about marriage and raising families so we were making the joke that maybe we made the wrong choice in coming on a mission. You think you get all warm and fuzzy whenever they talk about missionary work? We all bawl our eyes out. When President Monson was talking about how many missionaries there were now, me and both my companions were in tears. We sing "Called to Serve" at least once a week at one of the devotionals and we always end up crying. There was one devotional last week where the MTC President's wife had an arrangement for it. I shall tell you about it now. It started with a fanfare (because we are as the army of Helamen. Another cool story for later) and we would all sing the first verse very quietly. 3,000 missionaries singing "Called to Serve" at full voice is powerful, 3,000 missionaries singing "Called to Serve" at a whisper is life changing. Anywho, we sang the first verse at a whisper, then the chorus at a medium soft. Then inbetween the chorus and the second verse there was another fanfare then we would start singing the second verse at a regular volume and when we got to the chorus, we sang it at full voice. Then when it came time sing "called to serve our king" we stood on king. Then sang a reprise of the chorus. It. Was. Amazing. I almost started crying just thinking about it, but I'm in public so I didn't. Also, my absolute favorite thing is when we sing "We'll Bring the World His Truth" because they changed the lyrics for the MTC. Instead of singing "And we will be the Lord's missionaries" we sing "We are now the Lord's missionaries". So amazing and powerful. Again, I cry. I don't remember the other verses of the song so I don't know if they are actually changed, but they are also extremely powerful. And the best part is that was one of my favorite primary songs when I was little.
 
Other than that, there hasn't really been anything new happening from my last email. Usually when you come here, you have one teacher and an investigator, then that investigator becomes your second teacher. Because of certain circumstances, when we got here, we had one teacher and one investigator, then we got a second teacher, and we stopped teaching that investigator. Now, both our teachers are our new investigators and our first investigator is just someone that we awkardly run into sometimes and we get really confused when she speaks in English. It's pretty funny.
 
I did recieve the packages and I greatly appreciate them! Keep them coming! :). Everyone should send me a letter too. I don't really want to beg, but they do help a lot. Send me some love. I've really only heard from family (Mom, Dad, Polly, Mems and Grampy). I got a letter from Christiana last week though and it made me super happy! I also got a post card from Mary Cropper yesterday so that made me laugh because she's here at the MTC with me. We don't really get to talk that much though which is a little depressing.  
 
Sooo now I need to make a few requests.
  1.  Apparently all my skirts shrunk because now they're too short for missionary attire. I don't want to get them lengthened here because they will be perfectly fine when I get back from my mission (they go down to my knees but they don't cover them) so I ask you to go thrift store shopping and buy any skirt that is my size and mid-calf length and send it my way. I would really appreciate it because I'm tired of feeling scandalous... I'm already turning into an awkward missionary because I think a skirt that doesn't go past my knees is scandalous.
  2. I think I left my Columbia jacket in Kaelin's car. I don't have her email or address or anything so if someone could get a hold of her and check, I would greatly appreciate it because I miss it.
  3. I would greatly appreciate to be sent one of my hoodies. My Drake or North East wrestling one would be great. Or my Colts one. I just want a hoodie.
  4. I also need cue tips. My ears are dirty.(Wow, thanks for sharing that one Hermana)
  5. Mom, could you give me Sister Argyle's email so I can email her personally? Thanks, that'd be great.
Thank you all for your love and support!
 
Besos( for you non spanish speakers, Kisses)
 
Hermana Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment