"The standard of truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble and calumny may defame but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly and independent 'till the purposes of God have been accomplished and the great Jehovah shall say the work is done." -Joseph Smith

Friday, April 19, 2013

Just Soaking in the Learning and Joy of the MTC!


Thank you so much for all of that! I love all my new clothes. I haven't gotten the Salvation Army skirts yet but I'm super excited! Before I forget, please remember that I can only write on Fridays, email or letters, so I have gotten all the letters you sent me, I just can only respond to them on Fridays. Tell Dad he can write me in Spanish if he likes but he's only allowed to use the usted and ustedes conjigation because that's what we use here at the MTC. No tus for us. I was going to try to write him in Spanish but it takes a really long time.
I don't know if you know this, but I can call you at the airport before I go to California. Hermana Stevenson knows of someone that bought a super cheap pay as you go phone that they just threw away when they were done with it at the airport. It's easier this way because then we don't have to wait in lines. Hermana Stevenson's mom is going to email you with more information about it.
I would love to have Sister/Elder Cropper's blog address! I can't believe there's so many of us out in the field. My friend Courtney just reported on Wednesday and Hannah reports next week. It's crazy! I love hearing how everyone is doing! I got a letter from Christiana yesterday and an email from Kyrie Baby today and it seriously made my life (not that I don't love getting emails and letters from the family, but the moral support of people going through the same thing I am is amazing).
Bragging time: Guess who spoke at devo on Tuesday. If you guessed Elder Richard G. Scott, you would be correct! It was amazing. He spoke mostly on communicating with Heavenly Father but before his talk he spoke about missionary work and how we will never regret our choice to serve and that we weren't sent here to fail. He also left us with an Apostolic blessing regarding Heavenly Father giving us the capacity to learn, we just have to fill it with faith. The best part was, as the sister was getting up to say the closing prayer, he got back up (probably scared the sister that was going to say the prayer) and spoke more about how Heavenly Father won't give us more than we can handle and how we are called by inspiration to our specific missions. It was so amazing and really helped me.
Now relief society, that's a whole 'nother can o' worms. We had the funniest relief society I think I have ever had in my life. It was hilarious! It was Mary Edmunds and she told us that if we're talking about going home to take President Uchdorf's advise and "Stop it!" Another funny thing she said was, "I bet some of you are thinking, 'what if my DL is 18 going on 12?" I don't think that about our district leader, but it was still hilarious. Then, out of everything she said, this was the one most taken to heart, "DON'T TOUCH THE ELDERS!!! It may not mean anything to you, but you don't know what it means to them. Don't touch them!..... but make a list of the ones you want to touch for after your mission." Everyone died! It was so funny!
I feel like I had lots more to tell you... but I don't remember... Maybe I'll remember when I write you my letter. We shall see.
Much love!
Hermana Myers
P.S. I may or may not have broken my camera, but it's making a slow recovery.
K. Love you. Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment