"The standard of truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble and calumny may defame but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly and independent 'till the purposes of God have been accomplished and the great Jehovah shall say the work is done." -Joseph Smith

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Lovely Surprise

Hermana Myers had sent Carter and the children I babysit separate letters that arrived on Monday.  I was a little disappointed not to receive a letter for Ken and me
 but after the initial disappointment I realized Friday would only be a short time before we would have another email. When I went to the mailbox today although there was a glimmer of hope in my heart to find a letter, I figured she had just run out of time to write letters and I wasn't getting one, but there it was a letter for us, and it was SO WORTH IT.

Dear Mom and Dad,

     I just wanted to thank you for all of the love and support you've given me.  And everything you've done for me.  It means a lot that you're writing and sending stuff regularly.  I love it! I feel bad asking for stuff all the time, but can you send me out my backpack and more fiber pills?  Elder Muller wasn't kidding about your fiber intake.
     So we get our travel plans sometime this next week.  Crazy, right? Me and my companions were talking today about when we go to California, it'll be weird to just have one companion.
     I also wanted to thank you for teaching me to be independent and to know there's a time and a place for everything.  I'm really starting to appreciate those traits I have that is all.

Heart Hma. Myers

PS Batman towel

And thanks for the skirts they all fit great!

No comments:

Post a Comment