"The standard of truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble and calumny may defame but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly and independent 'till the purposes of God have been accomplished and the great Jehovah shall say the work is done." -Joseph Smith

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Hermana Myers is returning on an Honorable Medical Release

We just receive Hermana Myers flight plans for Thursday along with a short note from her mission president that said she was a good and obedient missionary. If you have kept up with her letters you know that the pace of a missionary has reeked havoc on Hermana Myers in many physical ways.   We made a joke and told her she was just serving a senior mission of a year.  She will being arriving home one year to the day she entered the MTC. We are proud of her and all she has done to serve the Lord while she was out and expect that she will continue to serve in many ways when she gets home. This was her last email from the field:

Jacob 7:26-27
"26 And it came to pass that I, Hermana Myers, began to be old; and the record of this people being kept on the other plates of Nephi, wherefore, I conclued this record, declaring that I have written according to the best of my knowledge, by saying that the time passed away with us, and also our lives passed away like as it were unto us a dream, we being a lonseome and a solemn people, wanderers, cast out from Jerusalem, born in tribulation, in a wilderness, and hated of our brethren, which caused wars and contentions, wherefore, we did mourn out our days.
27 And I, Hermana Myers, saw that I must soon go down to my grave; wherefore, I said unto my companion, Hermana Stevenson: Take these plates. And I told her the things which my brother Nephi had commanded me, and she promised obedience unto the commands. And I made an end of my writing upon these plates, which writing has been small: and to the read I bid farewell, hoping that many of my brethren may read my words. Brethren, adieu."

Couldn't help it :). See you in a few days!

Thank you to everyone for your love and support of Hermana Myers.

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith
2 Timothy 4:7

1 comment:

  1. I'm very grateful to know you and to learn from your experience. I hope you feel nothing but joy and continue to receive answers to help you in your journey. I have experienced so many twists and turns in mine that yours seems very normal to me : ) It takes a while to get used to a change of plans...God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete