"The standard of truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble and calumny may defame but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly and independent 'till the purposes of God have been accomplished and the great Jehovah shall say the work is done." -Joseph Smith

Monday, February 10, 2014

A Miracle Grows

I love the picture! I want to frame it... but I can't.(I saw a picture with the saying "Sometimes you just have to put on your big girl panties and deal with it" and thought of Hermana Myers so I sent it, not because she needs to put them on but because she had mentioned it a few months back.)

I am anxiously awaiting the puppy chow and the translator. Thank you so much, by the way. I really do appreciate it. I was even thinking about asking Elder Christensen (who goes home at the end of this transfer) if I could buy his off of him, but I think he wants to keep it.
Did you know that apparently there are 3 new temple movies that rotate around? I have now seen two of them. I guess they did it that way so that if one of the actors does something stupid they can use the other one. All the actors have to be temple worthy or they can't show the video. Random facts I learned at the temple this week. Also, everyone loves my temple dress. I had 3 people tell me I need to get married in it (one being Sister Van Cott which was a little weird). All three occasions were followed by a,"Yeah, that was the idea when we were planning it out :).) Really what I learned in the temple this time was just that I really can do this whole mission thing. I thought of ways to kind of refocus myself. I've never been super distracted, but I have had little distractions here and there. Getting whitewashed into Fontana made it so I had no time at all to think about anything else, but now that I'm getting oriented I found the little ditractions coming back, so when I was in the temple I really focused on what I could do to get rid of those. I have a few scriptures I've been trying to memorize that will hopefully help. I also was thinking about the convants made in the temple and it made me think a lot about my role as a future mother and wife. It was an interesting temple trip for me. I really enjoyed it.
Miracle of the week! (An extension of a previously mentioned story. Wow, the Lord is really giving this family many opportunities to return to Him.  Happy that Hermana Myers and her companion can be instruments in His hands.)

One of the first few days that Hermana Stevenson and I were in this area, we were walking around, trying to get to know the area and just talk to some people. We saw a few people outside cleaning their cars. Before that we had seen about 3 other people cleaning their car and every time we would walk up to them and offer our service, they had just finished, so we were pretty excited when we saw that they had just started. We walked (jogged) over to help them and they didn't think we were being serious until Hermana Stevenson just picked up a rag and started washing. While she was washing, I talked to the guy (Christian) and the little boy (Jarbus) who were done with their car and Hermana Stevenson talked to the girl (Casandra) while they cleaned. It was a lot of fun. We tried to get a return appointment with them and they accepted. While we were washing, a woman from across the street came over to get her mail. We waved and were friendly and she just walked right back into her house.

Later we came back to the same cul de sac to find out that the lady that came out to get her mail is actually a less active member. Perfect! We tried a few more times for Casandra but with little to no luck. Finally we tried again and this super nice lady (Ymelda) came and welcomed us into the house. We started talking to her and Casandra. We had a really good small talk session. I say really good because guess what, Ymelda is a member! Oh yeah, and her son is Christian... He's a member too. He just forgot to tell us. He's also extremely less active and thinks he's 7th Day because his wife is. Anywho, they're all living at this house together. We had an awesome how to begin teaching lesson with Casandra with Hna. Martinez (Ymelda) helping us out. Also, apparently Elder Halloway and Torgerson had ran into Christian earlier. He also forgot to tell them that he was a member. Anywho... Casandra is one of our new investigators for this week. She's super nice and very interested. She's already reading in the Book of Mormon and understanding a lot! We're super excited!
Let's see, what else. OH YEAH! Do you rememer who Arture Moreno is from Queretaro? I think I remember who he is but I'm not 100%. He sent me an email this week discribing who he was but none of the examples used rang a bell. Can you believe that was 10 years ago? Dang.
This week we have multi-zone conference so I'm pretty pumped for that!
Happy Lock-Your-Heart Day!
Much love,
Hermana Myers

Just kidding, the last name of the person who emailed me was Acereto. I think I know a little bit more who it is, but I'm still not 100%. 

No comments:

Post a Comment