"The standard of truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble and calumny may defame but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly and independent 'till the purposes of God have been accomplished and the great Jehovah shall say the work is done." -Joseph Smith

Monday, October 28, 2013

New Companion in Redlands


Hola Familia!!
 
This week is, in fact, transfers. All I know so far is that Hermana Bates is leaving, don't know where yet, and my new companion's name is Sister Harris. Maybe I'm training...? Pregnancy scare. AH!! (See that's a joke because if I train, then she's my daughter. So because I don't have my daughter yet, I'm pregnant... but I don't know yet. ahahahaha *awkward laughter*) Hermana Bates is freaking out next to me because she has no clue where she's going.
 
Wish Carter luck with the concert. Concerts are fun. I miss them.
 
Before I forget, with October winding down into nothingness, It's almost Christmas season! So, if you so desire, feel free to start perfecting my Christmas Jams CD. Only requests are some of the classic voices like Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald and Bing Crosby (sp?). Throw in some Michael Buble and Christmas Time is Here and it'll be perfect! Also, please avoid romantic overtones :). Other than that, have fun! Thank you :).
 
So the rest of this week was awesome. Elder Walker (First Quorum of the Seventy)came and talked to us about missionary work and all that jazz. President Van Cott talked about our future spouses twice. That was a little weird. He also said that at the beginning when we were all going through shaking Elder and Sister Walker's hands that he felt like he was at a wedding reception and he just pictured all the future weddings we'd (as a whole) have. Stop it, President. That's gross.
 
Other than that we just had a regular week. Sorry this email isn't very long but I have a feeling all my emails on transfer P-Day are going to be short. I'm a little distracted. We went on exchanges on Thursday. That was fun. Erm. Yeah. Sorry :(. 
 
How was your birthday, Mom?
 
We found out on Sunday (it was stake conference) that the youth for Youth Conference are going to Salt Lake. Lucky. I really want to go visit all the historical sites now.
 
Also, we went to the adult session of stake conference because the missionaries were going to sing. It turned into an awesome object lesson. It started with just the missionaries singing Called to Serve. It sounded awful. Then one of the first counselors in the stake presidency got up and commented on the horribleness halfway through the first verse. He then invited President and Sister Van Cott to join (they already were, and President made a comment about how terrible it was) but they then invited all the bishops and branch presidents to join us on the stand and sing. It sounded a little better... but then he interrupted us again and commented on how it was better. He then invited all the ward missionaries, ward mission leaders, then eventually all the congregation to stand up and sing with us. It was awesome. Super powerful and got the point across that the missionaries can't do it alone. 
 
Keep up the good work and keep those missionaries busy in Iowa!
 
Mom, still waiting on your conversion story.
Much love!
 
Hermana Myers

Few. Bullet dodged. I'm not training. I still have no idea who Sister Harris is. But she's not a trainee. Although I'm a little disappointed because I kind of wanted to train. OH WELL!!! Hermana Bates is going to serve in my old stomping grounds to serve with Hermana Fogg... who's still in the desert. Poor child.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment