"The standard of truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble and calumny may defame but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly and independent 'till the purposes of God have been accomplished and the great Jehovah shall say the work is done." -Joseph Smith

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

And Bring Save it Be One Soul Unto Christ - Her Own!


Hola Familia!
I got a sweater, a super nice pair of pants, and a dress that I now wear as a shirt because it's way to short to be a dress... even for a not missionary... All for under $15. I feel I need to start taking my Good Will shopping a little more seriously. I found some good stuff but didn't want to go overboard.
I'm super excited for Carter! I wish I could be there but eh, missionary work is more important. No offense, Carter. (Carter's priesthood ordination)
I'm happy for Brent too!( A friend of ours who is getting remarried and just moved)
Sorry Carter. No password. You'll survive without it. Don't you have a KindleFire now? Why do you need my laptop anymore? Love you :).
Tell Dad to take it easy, he is 52 now, after all. He can't use his back like he used to. (Ken could hardly move on Sunday from helping Brent move and helping someone else split wood.)
Also, you'll see a $30 charge on my card from CTR books. I bought myself a super pretty CTR ring. You can count it as my birthday present if you want. But it has a "pearl" and "diamonds" on it with CTR next to the pearl. I want to send a picture, but I'm still having trouble with these computers. (Glad she picked something out for her birthday, what do you get a missionary for their birthday anyway, her birthday is November 8th for anyone who would like to send her a card)
So this week was pretty awesome. A lot of motivational meetings. In our zone meeting last Tuesday we talked about D&C 90:24. 
"Search diligently, pray always, and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good, if ye walk uprightly and remember the covenant wherewith ye have covenanted one with another"
It's our new mission scripture and President Van Cott wants us to memorize it. What we did (and I invite you to do this too. It's awesome) was we took the words diligently, always, be and all things and defined them with our own words. Then we broke the scripture up and talked about each individual part and replaced each of the first words with our own. It's awesome. (Chloe once had an amazing seminary teacher, me, who would feel like pulling my hair out trying to get Chloe to do this with other scriptures.  Glad she loves doing it for her mission president! haha)
We also talked about missionary work (obviously) and just what we need to be good missionaries. Someone from a previous zone of one of our zone leaders pointed out that one of the major things we need for a baptism is water. The chemical make-up of water is H2O. So what we need to get to baptism is not only two parts hydrogen, one part oxygen, but also two parts heart and one part obsession. As in, this needs to be the only thing we think about all the time. They tried to talk about how we were in high school with our significant others and how they were all we thought about. Awkward moment when all 5 sisters in the room didn't have a boyfriend in high school. It was funny.
In our meeting today we talked more about motivation and why we do what we do. It was just interesting to talk about with numbers, how we need to relate those numbers back to people. Or how we need to think about, well, we want to teach this person this many times so we have a number there, but what else can we do? It was interesting. I'm excited to try and apply it tonight in daily planning.
As far as investigators go, we got dropped by L and M this week. That was too bad. But we're working super hard with E. We want her baptized at the end of this next week. Things keep getting in the way (her mother... who's a member and wants her grandkids to go on missions but she's keeping her daughter from getting baptized... I don't understand how her logic works... her and other things) but we're having a serious talk with her today about what she wants. So we'll see how that goes. It's kind of make or break at this point.
Well that's really all I had for this week. I hope all is well in Iowa!
Mucho amor,
Hermana Myers
P.S. It rained the other day... California has terrible drainage systems. It rained all day and it was ridiculously flooded. It. Was. Awesome. Nothing like cars getting swept away or anything... more like it's like when in rains really hard in Iowa for a few hours and there's rivers along the side of the street. It was like that after 10 minutes of not raining too hard at all. I love rain :).

No comments:

Post a Comment