"The standard of truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble and calumny may defame but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly and independent 'till the purposes of God have been accomplished and the great Jehovah shall say the work is done." -Joseph Smith

Monday, June 24, 2013

Last week in the CA Riverside Mission


Wow, I can't tell you how happy I am for Hermana Myers and everyone she serves and serves with.  She is such an amazing servant of the Lord.  Although she is better prepared and more awesome than I ever was as a missionary, some of her stories makes me realize the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and if any of my NCRM family is reading this I think you are probably laughing and thinking the same thing.

Dear family
I have a lot I want to say so this may be a jumbled hot mess.
First off, I would love all those clothes! And thank you for buying them! And I've actually lost weight since I've been out here because I sweat so much... or maybe it's the working out every day... or both...
The whole news thing was we just got stopped by a lady we were actually going to OYM (but she got us first) and she just interviewed us because Obama was coming to the area and she wanted to know what we would say to him if we saw him. Awkward...
I don't know which picture you're talking about and I would love to tell the stories behind them, but alas, I cannot right now so you may just have to wait until I get home and I can look at all of them. BUT me, Hermana Stevenson, Hermana Bates and Elder Twitchell are in the Redlands mission, Hermanas Edwards and Hartling are in Riverside and Elder Burbidge is in Carlsbad. He's actually in Murrieta so you should tell the Roberts to try to find him. Spanish speaking, short, blonde. Yup.
Welcome to Hermana Rosales
Hermana Rosales speaks about as much English as we do Spanish. It's been great and my vocabulary and grammar is getting better. The other sign is that her English grammar is getting worse, haha, gotta love that it should have been "are getting better."
So remember how I told you about how we got our Zone Leaders' truck to drive up to Riverside? Yup. I drove. It was magical. And we decorated the truck with stickers and sticky-notes. So that explains some of the pictures. It was great. I was also filling up the bed of the truck with the bikes and the suitcases, trying to play tetris(as is making everything fit) and get everyone's stuff in the back and all of a sudden, President Smart just popped out of nowhere and started organizing everything with me. I got down out of the bed as ladylike as possible and then laughed at the fact that he scared the crap out of me.
Oh yes. Happy belated Father's Day to Dad and Birthday to Kenzi.
This week was really uneventful between trying to get Hermana Rosales settled in and weekly planning so I really don't have much to say on that account besides what I already said. We tried to go hiking this morning before the P-Day activity but the only place we could find was a lamesauce trial that went around the mountians a little bit (I say a little bit because it loops around itself for probably only a mile) instead of up the mountains.
So I have an idea. How would the Myers family feel about picking me up in California after the mission? Great? Sound like a good idea? I thought so.
If you could send out a few things, I would great appreciate it:
Small hymnbook in English (I'm sending the Spanish one back because I already have one, but we sing in English for District meetings and stuff so I need one in English)
Jesus the Christ
A pocket English dictionary
The name of Mallory's child
The Book of Mormon in Spanish on CD
A copy of your hymns CDs that you have of the male quartet? I think it is...?
Our Search for Happiness
My black CD case with all my current CDs removed
ALSO: Mom, you gotta check this book out and maybe buy it. It's called Our Latter-Day Hymns: The Stories and the Messages by Karen Lynn Davidson. It. Is. So. COOL!!! I read the one for How Firm a Foundation and almost cried. I was going to send it to you but I left the book at home.
ALSO AGAIN: Do you know what you, Dad, Uncle Rhod, Uncle Jeff and anyone else in our family that's served a mission did with their missionary tags? I have a really cool art project in mind for when I get back.
I think that's everything... I hope this week is a little more eventful for me so it's more interesting for you.
Much love,
Hermana Myers

Oh yeah, one more thing: We volunteered today to walk the dogs at one of the kennels in Cathedral City. Woot woot!

Next Monday Hermana Myers will be sending her new mission president a letter this is his bio from the Church News and the boundaries on the CA Redlands Missions found on the CA Redlands Mission blog.

    
Daniel J. and Emily Morrey Van Cott
Daniel Joseph Van Cott, 44, and Emily Morrey Van Cott, five children, Suncrest 5th Ward, Orem Utah Suncrest Stake: California Redlands Mission. Brother Van Cott serves as a bishop and is a former counselor in a bishopric, ward missionary, Primary teacher and missionary in the Costa Rica San José Mission. Business owner, real estate and development, and owner/manager of an online school. Born in Salem, Ore., to John Frank and Trudy Eilene Van Cott.
Sister Van Cott serves as a Sunday School teacher and is a former stake Young Women president, counselor in a ward Primary presidency, stake and ward Primary music leader, stake public relations representative, nursery leader and Primary teacher. Born in Provo, Utah, to Charles Michael and Aleith Anne Morrey. (http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/63379/New-mission-presidents.html)


No comments:

Post a Comment