"The standard of truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble and calumny may defame but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly and independent 'till the purposes of God have been accomplished and the great Jehovah shall say the work is done." -Joseph Smith

Monday, June 17, 2013

As of July 1, 2013 Hermana Myers will be serving in the CA Redlands Mission


Dear Familia:
Good news! As of July 1st 2013, your daughter will be laboring in the California Redlands mission!! Woot!!! YAY FOR  A NEW PLAQUE!!! Can my scripture be 3 Nephi 5:13? Thanks!
(3 Ne 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.)

 Also, if you could send out any John Bytheway talks we have on CD and my young women's CD, that'd be great! Now on to buisness...
So remember that investigator I was telling you about that makes fun of our Spanish? Yeah, we dropped him. Not because of the frustration but we were having a lesson with him on Tuesday and we were asking him about if and when he prayed to know if he should be baptized. He kept getting off subject and I wouldn't let him. He kept trying to tell us about the weird dreams he was having after he prayed. I told him the dreams weren't important but I wanted to know exactly what he was feeling while he was praying. He said nothing. His roommate, who is a member and our Ward Mission Leader, was telling him that he needs to pray again and all that. I invited him to pray right then with us and he was making excuses like he was tired and it had been a long day and started to walk into the house. The only thing I could think to say was that if he didn't pray right then, we wouldn't come back. And he kept going into the house. So we're not going back until he's ready.
We got one investigator on date so hurrah to that! She's so sweet! I wish I could tell you all about her but I'm running low on time. Maybe next time. The language is coming along... kind of...
Oh yeah! So remember how I told you I'd probably be training this transfer? Guess what! I'm in a trio again! Woot!! I don't think I'll ever not be in a trio in my mission... so far so good. Also, we (and I mean we because we're taking turns) get to drive the zone truck up to Riverside to pick up the new missionaries (there's another sister in our zone that's getting a new sister) It. Is. So. EXCITING!!!! I want a truck. A red, 1965 Chevi (hint hint ;)).
Thank you for keeping me updated on my other missionary friends. I was going to email Sam and Mary today but now I don't know if I have time. Sad day. BUT I love you all aaaand yeah.
Peace and love and enjoy the pictures.
Hermana Myers
P.S. I almost cried today because I had been looking forward to flying a kite that we bought at the dollar store for a week and then it didn't even work. Cheap piece of poo... All I want is to fly a kite on my P-Day. Is that too much to ask?
 (I am hoping that we will soon be made aware of the switch and be informed of important things like where we send her mail. We will keep everyone informed as we get information)


 My guess is this was their mini missionary but I don' t know that for sure
 Who can even guess what she is doing? Hopefully it is a facial mask and not Elmer's glue!
 Hermana Fogg and Myers, the best of the Midwest taking California by storm!



I have no idea if these are all the same mountains or not


Not sure what this group of missionaries stands for except that all the sisters in her MTC group are here.










 She misses her Uncle Jeff.

From other pictures I am guessing that this is a couple working in their zone.  Couple missionaries are such an asset to any mission zone. 

 Preparation day, cookin up some grub.










No comments:

Post a Comment