"The standard of truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble and calumny may defame but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly and independent 'till the purposes of God have been accomplished and the great Jehovah shall say the work is done." -Joseph Smith

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Iowa Weather's Dumb

My mom and I try and go walking every morning at around 7:30 if it's not freezing cold, snowing, or raining. I started this goal a week or two after getting back from Rexburg and it's going really well. Oh, wait, no. Iowa weather sucks this time of year and it's always freezing cold. I've decided if I should be walking in six miles every day, then I should be walking six miles every day in California weather because walking in freezing cold weather is a lot different than walking in not freezing weather. I'll sweat more. Gross. 

And lets not forget that every time we try to have a party for work there's some sort of blizzard that decides to maybe make an appearance. Sorry, snow blizzard, but you are not an employee at the DeWitt Operahouse and so you are not invited to our parties, no matter how much you may want to be. And so, dear Iowa weather, I would like to make a request that you change your ways because I am trying to get ready for a mission here and obviously the world revolves around me.

Speaking of the DeWitt Operahouse, I cannot believe by the time I leave for my mission I will have worked there for about two years and seven months. I has been quite an adventure. I have some pretty awesome stories about working there. It has been the best job I've had ever and unfortunately I have to put in my two weeks at the end of this week. I don't really know how to go about doing that. How do you say you're quitting a job that you've worked at for a little over 2 1/2 years that you don't really want to quit but it's the right thing to do? "Sorry, but I'm leaving for 18 months then hopefully will live in Rexburg until I graduate. It's been great." As much as I love my family, this job is the reason I come back to Iowa on my off semester. I don't want to leave it. But, if you're looking for a job, we're taking applications and it is the best job in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment